Pages

The Love of a Father



For ADONAI corrects those he loves like a father who delights in his son.
See now that I, yes, I, am He; and there is no God beside me. I put to death, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal; no one saves anyone from my hand!
For I know what plans I have in mind for you,' says ADONAI,'plans for well-being, not for bad things; so that you can have hope and a future.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways," says ADONAI.
"But now I am going to woo her- I will bring her out to the desert and I will speak to her heart.
Think deeply about it: ADONAI was disciplining you, just as a man disciplines his child.
Now, all discipline, while it is happening, does indeed seem painful, not enjoyable; but for those who have been trained by it, it later produces its peaceful fruit, which is righteousness.
Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, so that at the right time he may lift you up.
I know, ADONAI, that your rulings are righteous, that even when you humble me you are faithful.
Pro 3; Deu 32; Jer 29; Isa 55; Hos 2; Deu 8; Heb 12; 1Pe 5; Psa 119

No comments: